GUIDELINES FOR REIMBURSEMENT OF TRAVEL EXPENSES
All participants must search for the cheapest travel routes and confirm with NiTiN staff the arrival and departure times before buying your tickets. If for any reason you are delayed during the travel to the venue please inform our contact person in Norway immediately.
LOCAL TRANSPORTATION TO THE VENUE
All participants must inform our staff about the arrival times at the local airport so the transfer to the venue can be planned within time. If the participant must be pickup from the airport by NiTiN staff, there will be a cost of 200 NOK (this cost may change depending on the venue). This cost will be deducted from the reimbursement.
EARLY ARRIVAL OR LATE DEPARTURE FROM NORWAY
The participants that arrive earlier or depart later then the stipulated date of the activity (no more then 3 days before/or after) the project will not cover any expenses regarding subsistence or accommodation and each participant must make these arrangements by themselves.
The reimbursement of travel expenses will be made to each sending organization or directly to the participants by Bank Transfer after the following conditions:
- Transport Claim: Each participant delegation must fill one transport claim (that can be downloaded on the course registration page) and confirm with NiTiN staff if all information provided is correct.
- Travel documentation: all original travel documentation (invoices, e-tickets and boarding passes in case of air travel) must be sent by email and/or by post (in case the original version of the document is not digital). For this reason we advize each participant to make online check in because the reimbursement will be faster if all documents are digital;
- Mobility Tool: Each participant must fill in the online evaluation questionnaire from the mobility tool sent by Norwegian National Agency;
- Travel Budget: the maximum travel grant to be transferred to each participant is defined by the distance calculator of the European Commission and is clearly identified in the info pack and the project official webpage;
- Official Exchange Rate: The exchange rate to be used in the transport claim is the monthly rate defined by the European Central Bank on its website (http://www.ecb.europa.eu/stats/exchange/eurofxref/html/index.en.html) on the month of the project activity.
- Travel expenses: Only the cheapest means of transportation will be accepted as well as expenses made for travel on the designated route between the sending and host country (exceptions to this if an alternative route is agreed between the participant and NiTiN staff) and falling within the project start and end date. Only the uninterrupted travel will be reimbursed, meaning that all expenses not connected with the return or arrival from/to the venue are not covered.
- Bank expenses: As the bank transfer costs are not eligible by the Programme rules, these expenses will be supported by each Participant;
- Attendance: In case participant(s) fail(s) to appropriately engage in the activity(ies) daily programme due to late arrival or early departure, not attending 100% of the sessions, the amount granted per participant per day will be deducted from the travel reimbursement.
If you need additional clarification please contact our staff.