“Peace of Art” is an youth exchange that will take place in Visnes from 8th to 15th of October 2016. There will be 30 participants from Norway, Spain and Italy (10 per country, including young people with fewer opportunities).
Considering that one of the causes that nowadays raises more the violence and the attack against cultures in Europe as in the entire world is the intolerance and the fear of the unknown. This imbalance is taking us to marginalize minorities, to persecute cultures and religions and to permit the awful situation in which refugees are living. So we believe that the solution lies in the creation of a positive consciousness of multicultural societies and in the self-enrichment experimentation produced by the mixture of cultures.
The partners of this project believe that experiencing an intercultural coexistence, time work and leisure time people can embrace peace as solution to live in harmony within a world where equal human rights are respected.
In its artistic dimension, Peace of Art is the union of music and audio-visuals; both expressed and shared first, among the participants and after to local/international people too. In one hand, we’ll use music and audio-visuals arts as tools to expand greatly our message, and in other hand, as a result to encourage the project’s reflection. Therefore, this method afford for awarding more people of the Erasmus+ programme and especially of the youth exchanges. Beside, it allows everyone involved (directly or indirectly) going deeper in the reflection of the main objective of our youth exchange: the peace building.
The same result could be approached working with other artistic techniques such theater, paint or dance; however audio-visuals give us the option of combine all of them into a coherent whole; in order to be able to create abstract images while showing fragments of the project’s reality. All that within a format that fit in the other main artistic element of this youth exchange: music.
Our personal development will come off well from the integration of other traditions, knowledge and ways to see and understand life, reaching the feeling of being part of one and united community identity. Also creating a more respectful society through artistic self-creation. Using music and audio-visual interaction within the objective of showing the harmony and the power of the teamwork between different cultures, we want to lessen hostilities and introduce the concept of: peace for all.
- Contract number: 2016-2-NO02-KA105-000757
- Funding Programme: Erasmus + Programme
- Action: KA1 – Youth mobility
- Nr of Participating Countries: 3
- Start date: 01.08.2016
- End date: 31.01.2017
- Status: ongoing
- To increase a broader understanding among participants on peace building enlarging peace movement for a wide variety of human through art expression;
- To enhance cooperation between young people in the field of music and visual arts together;
- To reflect about sounds and images’ power to create peace consciousness;
- To get back in touch with public as place for community debate while sharing the project content with locals;
- To provide space for international cooperation through arts and reflecting on PEACE and peace-building in local and international environment;
- To enhance social dialogue between cultures and reflect on consciousness about peace as a important tool of international and inter-cultural projects;
- To provide a place to boost creativity in the field of art projects and learning-by-doing achieve new skills.
- To provide creative space for sharing skills of young people in music and arts;
- To exchange wide variety of opinions about peace concept;
- To create through different workshops an exhibition called “Piece of heART” that will be presented during the exchange in local level and after in international and national environment;
- To boost creativity and fantasy without any borders, for everybody directed or indirectly involved in the project;
- To increased self-empowerment and self-esteem and provide guided spaces for self-expression;
- To provide sharing environment to exchange arts for music and music for the arts with the objective of raising peace consciousness through “learning by doing” methods;
- To provide of common frames to share experiences and skills that will present new tools on non formal and informal education;
- To share the struggle of young artists and create opportunities for finding new possibilities in their future;
- To work together on international level, discovering other cultures, increasing inter-cultural awareness, understanding cultural diversity and equality, building new friendships, partnerships and cooperation;
- To increase knowledge and skills in planning, implementation and evaluation of projects through practical experience of organizing the local exhibition “Piece of heART”.
- To connect local environment and peace practices within the context of our “Piece of heART” exhibition.
- To increase the communication skills in English and other foreign languages;
- To support professional development on European level for young artist (they will share skills and improve leadership through peer to peer non-formal education);
- To encourage team work ability within international frame;
- To involve people with fewer opportunities in an international project;
- To fight against cultural-economical-educational differences through multicultural group activities;
- To strengthen peace consciousness through coexistence within a multicultural group.
The project foresees the following outputs:
- Youth Exchange: 8-15 October 2016 (find out more about the activity here)
- Video: a video from the whole exchange including the final exhibition will be created by the participants to promote the project, the Erasmus+ programme and mobility opportunities for young people, and future cooperation within the youth field;
- Artistic exhibition “Piece of heART”: as a final result of the youth exchange the participants will create a an exhibition and a live performance to increase the sense of initiative and active participation of youth in cultural life.
The working methods used during the youth exchange will be based on non formal/ informal education (learning by doing and peer to peer learning) through a wide variety of activities such as workshops, games, debates and discussions, excursions and discovering walks, intercultural nights and, last but not least, a final exhibition.
The available budget is 15.460,00 EUR
The project has been funded with support from the European Commission and the Norwegian National Agency with the ERASMUS+ Programme.
DISCLAIMER: The materials produced in this project contain beneficiary opinions and views and neither the Norwegian National Agency or the European Commission may be held responsible for content.