Youth in Action is the Programme the European Union has set up for young people.
It aims to inspire a sense of active European citizenship, solidarity and tolerance among young Europeans and to involve them in shaping the Union’s future. It promotes mobility within and beyond the EU’s borders, non-formal learning and intercultural dialogue, and encourages the inclusion of all young people, regardless of their educational, social and cultural background: Youth in Action is a Programme for all.
Every year, thousands of projects are submitted by promoters in order to get financial support from the Programme; a selection process aims at granting the best projects.
The YOUTH IN ACTION programme is the EU’s mobility and non-formal education programme targeting young people aged between 13 and 30 years. Its general objectives are the following:
- Promote young people’s active citizenship in general and their European citizenship in particular;
- Develop solidarity and promote tolerance among young people, in particular in order to foster social cohesion in the European Union;
- Foster mutual understanding between young people in different countries;
- Contribute to developing the quality of support systems for youth activities and the capabilities of civil society organisations in the youth field;
- Promote European cooperation in the youth field.
In order to achieve its objectives, the Youth in Action Programme foresees five operational Actions.
- Action 1 – Youth for Europe
- Action 2 – European Voluntary Service
- Action 3 – Youth in the World
- Action 4 – Youth Support Systems
- Action 5 – Support for European cooperation in the youth field
Norway – http://www.aktivungdom.eu/
European Commission – http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/youth/index_en.php