The aim is to raise visibility and awareness of the Youth in Action programme opportunities for cooperation between Southern and Northern European Countries in order to promote a strong intercultural awareness and create both mutual understanding and confidence.
The project consists in 1 partnership building activity that will include workshops, visits and simulation exercises to give the possibility to 24 participants from 12 European countries to work together in areas of youth work and youth policy within the Youth in Action Programme.
The activity is intended to strengthen partnership between the participant NGO’s, build new contacts and prepare project designs, providing also learning and networking opportunities on cultural diversity.
- Contract number: NO-43-14-2010-R5
- Funding Programme: Youth in Action Programme
- Action: Action 4.3 – Training and networking
- Activity type: Partnership Building Activity
- Nr of Participating Countries: 12
- Nr of Participants: 24
- Start date: 01.02.2011
- End date: 31.08.2011
- Status: concluded
- To learn more about the Youth in Action Programme;
- To enhance the cooperation between organizations from different countries;
- To stimulate the creation of new ideas for the different actions within the Youth in Action Programme;
- To promote tolerance and intercultural dialogue between the participating countries;
- To acquire project management and communication competencies for international activities;
- To develop networking between participants.
- Denmark: Institute for intercultural Learning
- Holland: Digg Out
- Hungary: Kompania Foundation
- Italy: Eurogems
- Latvia: AICY – Association of Iniciatives and Cooperation
- Lithuania: InActio
- Poland: Semper Avanti
- Portugal: Ananda Cooperativa Cultural
- Romenia: ATPD
- Spain: Vrenza – Asociacion Xuvenil
- Sweden: Treffens fritidsgard IK Satra
The final budget was 35.000,00 NOK
The Partner Building Activity was an effective method to promote cooperation among the youth workers and the young leaders. The participants valued the importance of taking action to improve their local communities and address social issues, highlighting the importance of working together as a part of the solution.
Knowing, is the keyword – only fighting the prejudices caused by ignorance can we expect to develop solidarity and tolerance. Youth is Action is a wonderful method for this, allowing the overcome of so many difficulties and making possible this kind of projects. Giving youth the opportunity to implement projects and ideas, we are effectively taking action for the promotion of social cohesion. We don’t just know we are closer to our neighbors, we feel it.The strange people living miles away revealed themselves just like us, often dealing with the same problems, often caring for the same issues, sharing the same passions.
The projects ideas designed and agreed on the seminar were:
YOUTH IN ACTION PROGRAMME
PROJECT CO-FUNDED BY