Address1-6 May: Bushmills Youth Hostel 49 Main Street,Bushmills , BT57 8QA, Antrim , Bushmills , Northern Ireland 7-9.May: Belfast International Youth Hostel 22-32 Donegal Road , Belfast , Northern Ireland View map
- Hosting Organization: Abroadship
- Funding Programme: Erasmus+ Program
- Action: KA1 – Mobility of individuals
- Nr of Participating Countries: 6
- Nr. of Participants from Norway: 4+1
The partners of this project invite youth to do an empathy developing project to step in a variety of different shoes through KING methodology: Knowledge, Involvement, Nature, Growth.
During running and hiking in addition to other types of physical activities, we would like to explore sensitive topics and particularly inclusion. (click here to read more about the project).
- To reach personal development which helps to understand ourselves and reflect on own behavior and behavior of others
- Challenge the perception of the structures within our society that undermine social inclusion or foster discrimination
- Overcoming the stereotypes of different religion
- To raise awareness on the topic of discrimination
- To build a broader understanding of what an inclusive attitude means and to start intercultural and inter-religious dialogue
- To understand the connections between culture and sport and to understand the intercultural aspects of sport
- To raise the sense of empathy towards other people
- The project covers all expenses regarding accommodation and food during the activities
- 80% traveling costs (only the most economical and agreed beforehand at firstname.lastname@example.org) are covered.
- For traveling reimbursement, it is mandatory to keep and bring all your tickets and invoices, boarding passes and receipts (originals). Without these documents, traveling costs cannot be reimbursed.
- Reimbursements will be given in British pounds currency on the last day of the YE.
- Participants need to pay £30 entrance fee for the Belfast marathon.
WHO CAN APPLY
Youth in the age group 18-30 with residence in Norway.
- Participants should be highly motivated to participate in the activity and follow up activities.
- Participants should be able to communicate fairly in the English language.
- Participants should be willing to develop follow up activities for young people in their local community.
- Participants should be willing to improve their skills and competencies.
- Participants should be motivated to meet with people from other cultures/countries.
- Participants must be able to run minimum 8,5 km for the Belfast marathon
The sessions will be conducted in English.
REGISTRATION SHOULD BE SUBMITTED UNTIL 16 FEBRUARY 2018.REGISTRATION FORM - CLICK HERE